Friday, June 17, 2011

We're Back.... Hopefully

Nine months ago I thought I would have plenty of time to starting Blogging our growing families life again since I would be home for 3 months with Colby. I even blogged about the fact that I would have more "home" time. Ha!!! Little did I know adding a newborn to the mix would take some..... or ALL of my time and I'd barely be able to add all the pictures to my computer.

This blog has really weighed heavy on me lately as I see my kiddo's growing before my eyes. Therefore.... I've got to get into a routine of adding our life's daily pleasures to this. If you have any secrets as to how to do this.... please let me know!


I will start out with an update as to where we are and all that jazz! 

Izzy is 6 going on 16.  She goes for all the latest fashionable clothing and shoes.  She's definitely got the "Justice" store fever.  Too bad we never bought into their market shares.  She just finished Kindergarten a few weeks ago and is enjoying her summer as anyone should.  Although, she still hasn't learned the meaning of "sleep in".  Between her and Colby, 6:30 AM is a normal time for us all to be up in the morning.  Izzy played softball for the first time this spring.  For any of you that know Danny you can imagine how excited he was.  He proudly stood by on the field as his ladybug did all she could to stop every ground ball that came came to her. 

Here is Izzy at her Kindergarden Graduation Ceremony.  I had hoped to see her dolled up in a cap and gown.... but I guess that's out the door.


Colby has been growing like a weed until the past couple of months.  Now it's more like his motor skills and such are catching up.  He's got his 2 top and bottom (middle) teeth and 3 more along the top are breaking through.  He's 9 months and 3 weeks old today.... still doesn't sound right!  He crawls with the best of them and can be up the first flight of stairs in 5 seconds.  He pulls himself up to standing along every chair, wall or person he can find.  I bought him a walker to help him gain the skills of putting one foot in front of another.... but he'd rather stand beside it holding on to the toys on the front of it more.  He's a very happy baby..... rarely fusses or cries, sit's quietly through events and will go to anyone.  Forget that shy baby syndrome.    He babbles "mama" and "dada" often..... even blurted out "Izzy" plain as day once.  Luckily she was with us that weekend and it tickled her pink!  We're working on bye bye with the wave.... depends on his mood as to if he says it.  We taught him to high 5 last week.... destined to be the great sportsman! 

Here he is after dinner.... can you tell he had sweet potatoes for dinner?


Like I said earlier... hopefully it isn't 9 months again before I get the next blog posted.  We stay busy every weekend so I've definitely got lots to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment